Well, at least, that’s what Between The Buried And Me described the sound of their fifth album Colors. As they are not a band that I am familiar with I thought I would feed them through ‘the method’ (see previous posts in the category of ‘similar artists’) and see what I could come up with.
Here is the album list:
- Between The Buried And Me – Between The Buried And Me
- Protest The Hero – Kezia
- Scale The Summit – Carving Desert Canyons
- The Human Abstract – Nocturne
- Glass Casket – We Are Gathered Here Today
- Animals As Leaders – Animals As Leaders
- Sikth – Death Of A Dead Day
- The Dillinger Escape Plan – Miss Machine
- After The Burial – Forging A Future Self
- The Red Chord – Clients
- Mastodon – Leviathan
Here is a link to the albums that I could find on Spotify – http://open.spotify.com/user/toxicmusic79/playlist/3wUh6DctDDEWSrXmpHYsqB
Owing to the fact that the most excellent Polish Technical Death Metal band Decapitated are due to tour the UK in February and certain extreme music posts on the blog are picking up a large number of vistors from Polish metal sites (Jak się masz?), I felt it timely to do a post about the band, celebrating their awesome musical prowess.
The band was formed in 1996 by Wacław "Vogg" Kiełtyka (guitar), his brother Witold "Vitek" Kiełtyka (drums) and Wojciech "Sauron" Wąsowicz (vocals). At that time the average age of the members was 14, with Viteck a mere 12-year-old. A year on 13-year-old bassist Marcin "Martin" Rygiel joined.
Following the release of a couple of demos, the band signed with Wicked World, a subsidiary of Earache Records. In 2000 the band released their debut album, Winds of Creation. It is important to remember that at the time of the recording Winds of Creation the band were still relatively young. Vitek and Martin were around 15, while Vogg and Sauron were around 18, which is hard to believe when you hear the technicality of the playing. In 2002 they released Nihility and in 2004 The Negation. In 2005 "Sauron" was replaced by Adrian "Covan" Kowanek, with the band’s fourth album, Organic Hallucinosis, being released in 2006.
Sadly, Vitek died at the age of 23 on the 2nd November 2007 of injuries he sustained from a road accident on 28th October 28 2007. Vocalist Covan survived the accident, but subsequently slipped into a coma. These tragic events forced what remained of the band into hiatus. Vogg later decided to continue and subsequently reformed Decapitated during 2009, with Kerim "Krimh" Lechner (drums), Rafał Piotrowski (vocals) and Filip "Heinrich" Hałucha (bass).
The UK Tour dates co-headlining with Kataklysm are as follows:
- 01 Feb – UK – Birmingham – 02 Academy 2
- 02 Feb – UK – Glasgow – Ivory Blacks
- 03 Feb – UK – Manchester – Moho Live
- 04 Feb – UK – Bristol – Blerkeller
- 05 Feb – UK – Reading – Sub89
- 06 Feb – UK – Leeds – Rios
- 07 Feb – UK – Wrexham – Central Station
- 08 Feb – UK – London – 02 Academy Islington (without Kataklysm)
So, fingers crossed, here’s hoping for a new album this summer.