In issue 193, February 2010 of Terrorizer they have a feature on metalcore. As part of the feature they include an “Anthems For Insubordinates” in the “Mainstream Metalcore” section, a list which they describe as “ten records that, for good or ill, put metalcore on the mainstream metal map”.
I have just started working my way through the list as most of the albums, except for one, are available to listen to on Spotify (I’ve not checked Grooveshark yet). If you fancy doing the same by whatever means available to you, or just want to see what’s on the list as a discussion starter with your buddies, here is the list in date order, as it appears on page 57 of the magazine.
- Poison The Well – The Opposite Of December (Trustkill 1999)
- Unearth – The Strings Of Conscious (Eulogy 2001)
- Killswitch Engage – Alive Or Just Breathing (Roadrunner 2002)
- Shadows Fall – The Art Of Balance (Century Media 2002)
- Hatebreed – Perseverance (Universal 2002)
- Atreyu – Suicide Notes And Butterfly Kisses (Victory 2002)
- Bleeding Through – This Is Love, This Is Murderous (Trustkill 2003)
- Eighteen Visions – Obsessions (Trustkill 2004)
- Underoath – They’re Only Chasing Safety (Solid State 2004)
Subscribe to comments with RSS.